Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Winter Wonderland

I’m sure everyone is starting to get anxious for the snow. You’re either dreading it, or you’re about ready to jump out of your pants because you can wait for it to come. Either or, it’s on its way. The winter can be a very fun thing for people if they have activities that they enjoy doing when there is snow on the ground.
            Things that can be very fun for children to enjoy doing in the snow, can be things such as building snow men, building igloo forts in the snow, going sledding, getting into snowball fights. These are all thing I know I loved and enjoyed to do all winter long with my two younger brothers and my sister when we were little. I remember my dad would come out and help us with things, or my favorite thing was sledding. Once there was enough snow on the ground, as a family we would go sledding, but not without some preparation. Where I live we have a huge hill that goes from the road all the way up to the tree line. Before we could even go down the hill, my dad would get out his snow shoes and walk a path up the hill for us to go down on the sled. By doing this we knew we would get to the bottom, and it also packed down the snow, so we would go faster. We live on a road that is not too busy, which is nice because there were many occasions where we were going so fast that we ended up in the road, luckily no cars were coming. But probably the funniest time was when we got my mom to come out and go for a ride down the hill, my little brother road in the back of our long sled, and mom in the front, by the time they reached about the bottom of the hill they were going way to fast to stop,  so my little brother bailed before they went into the road, my mom on the other hand did not and went air born off the buildup of snow along the curb, landed in the road and went all the way across to the neighbor’s yard and down there hill in there yard. When she got back over, she was laughing so hard she almost wet her pants; she could believe what had just happened. All in all it was quite the thing to see.
            When people become a little older they can get into things like, skiing, snowboarding, snow shoeing, snowmobiling, cross country skiing and so on.  These days I love snowboarding in the winter, I also love going snowmobiling with my boyfriend. These are two things I’m about losing my mind over because I can’t wait until there is enough snow out to do them. Some of the most fun I have had snowboarding was when I went out to Colorado two years in a row and got to go boarding on the Rocky Mountains. It is so beautiful out there that you can’t help but love where you are and love what you’re doing, because there are only so many people that can do what you can do and see what you can see. It was a great experience and I would love to go back out there again.
            So for this week, I think it would be awesome that for your response to this blog, if you would put down one of your favorite memories with snow. Let’s see how many ways snow has been a part in our lives.

2 comments:

  1. Awesome story! My most memorable winter memory was when I went sledding with a few friends about few years back. My friend Ash had a sledding party back at her place, she had a huge hill that we could go sledding down and stuff. Well after awhile of sledding and having some fun, my friends Ash and Janessa thought it would be fun to grab one of the small tube and pile up on each other and slide down the hill. We accomplished that until we hit a small hill that popped us into the air and led to me somehow underneath the snow while Ash and Janessa were sitting on top of me, and then Ash said "Wheres Brittany?" I said "Your sitting on me!" That would have to be the most funniest and most memorable snow memory I have. We still can't figure out how I ended up underneath snow and underneath Ash and Janessa, because I was on top of the pile. LOL! It was so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny story about your mom, Bailey!! My favorite story would have to be from when I lived in Boulder, CO. We were enjoying the first days of spring in April. All of the snow had melted and we had about a dozen friends in town from Wisco for a concert we were going to that weekend. We grilled out and had a great time. That night it dumped snow!! We a few feet of snow in a couple of days!! Lots of things were shut down. We built a huge igloo on our roof. We also made a pile of snow by out porch so we could jump off the roof. It was really fun!!

    ReplyDelete