Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Snow?

When will it snow? This is the big question these days. Late last week, the temperatures began to drop quite a bit. It got colder and colder. All through the week I had heard news about freezing rain and possible snow. This got me excited.
            During the winter I love to go snowboarding, this is something I have done since I was in 8th grade, and it is something I really enjoy; I have gone out to Colorado twice to hit up the big mountains out there. I also enjoy snowmobiling with my boyfriend in the winter. Due to the word of the upcoming snow, I was getting excited, so I ordered a new snowmobiling helmet, a pink one to be exact.
            Thursday night it started to rain. When it got to the morning and I had to drive to school, it was a little tricky. It was hard to tell if it was cold enough out to make the rain freeze at all or make things slippery. But I made it to school just fine. When I left class that day, it was raining out a little harder than it had been when I had arrived. During the rest of the day, it just kept raining, and was really cold. Late that night it had begun to lightly snow. I was getting excited, but I knew the ground was still too warm to be able to hold the snow, so I didn’t get my hopes up.
            Saturday afternoon, my boyfriend went on his facebook, and a friend of his from Mankato had posted pictures of what happened there over the night. Mankato had got 12 inches of snow over the weekend, and Winona had got none. The snow was so close, yet so far away. Kind of depressing in a way, but I know that the later the snow comes the more safe it will be for me to have to drive to school every day. So yes there is a positive and negative side to this whole no snow thing.
            When the snow will come, I have not a clue, but one thing I know, is that I really hate it being cold out and not having snow to go along with the cold. So I hope that it will either warm up a bit or just bring on the snow already. As soon as the snow arrives I know I got a fun winter ahead of me. When you have things that you enjoy doing in the winter, it makes it a little easier to stand the constant cold weather. If you don’t and you hate the winter, well then it sucks to be you, and just to let you know, you’re probably living in the wrong area.

2 comments:

  1. Yea, if you don't like snow then get out of Wisconsin! I also wrote mine on snow too, like about roads and stuff. But yea I agree with you, because if its cold, there should be snow. I would like to see some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bailey I think I told you this before but I just started to snowboard and I totally love it!! I am an addict already, and I can't wait til the ground is covered. I am with you both, what a pain in the butt when it is freezing cold and there is nothing to show for it...I feel so ripped off :) I think you should get a room in the dorms so you don't have to negotiate those crummy roads all winter! I am a mom, I have to worry about these things!

    ReplyDelete