Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Stressed Out!

So I don’t know about you guys, but I am super duper excited to be done with classes. Winter break can’t come any sooner. I feel like this whole last week of school has been like complete hell to me. So many things going on and its starting to build on me. So let me give you a little insight to how my week has been.
            So last week about the middle of the week, I had seen an advisor and had my classes all mapped out, everything was perfect. I live out of town and I got my classes all figured out so that I only had to drive to Lacrosse twice a week, how much better can you get. But things started to fade quickly. Being that it was the week for freshman to register last week, I went in to check on my classes, and the one online class that I wanted had to classes for it, and both were filled already, my jaw dropped. So I just figured I would take that class during the summer or next year sometime, but I am really trying to avoid going to school next year because I only got four classes left to take and then I am on a wait list until 2012 for my program. So basically over the whole rest of the week and up through Tuesday morning I was having panic attacks because I kept checking to make sure classes were still available that I wanted.
Come Tuesday, I woke up at around 8. I checked the classes to make sure I was still good. I couldn’t enroll until 8:45 that morning and at 8:30 I was still in the clear. Being that I had to leave to drive to class at this time I had my mom plan to enroll me. By the time I got to La Crescent I got a text from my mom saying to “call her immediately, I only got one class”. My heart sank.  I found out the only class I got was speech, I needed to have my A & P class for sure though, because I can’t enroll in the program until this is done.  When my mom tried to enroll for the class it said it was restricted.  I drove like hell to get to school, I even skipped my class that morning, just to go wait in line to see an advisor. It took forever it seemed like.
So finally I figured out that it was reserved for surgical tech students, and I had to wait until Monday to enroll if there were spots still available. Low and behold, let me tell you I was royally pissed off. So I immediately tried to find another class that would work, well I found one that was a Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. Not too bad, I can live with this. So now I’m debating if I want to keep the one I got now or go for the other one when it is available. How fun, right. I’m to the point where I am pretty sure I am just going to keep what I have.
I hope everything works out, I was lucky when for the tech reporting class, they opened another one up for students, I got myself in that right away, So at the moment I’m taking three classes, and will have to figure out if I want to take that last class available for me to take over the summer or next school year. I plan to take it online, so it shouldn’t be too much of a hassle. Any suggestions for me on when to take it??
I just hope in the end it all find a way to work out!

1 comment:

  1. Everything will work out just as it is supposed to. You gotta roll with the punches and just go where life takes you. If one thing doesn't work out just take a different path. As long as you have your eye on the prize and are working towards it you can't go wrong. The point is to make sure you are enjoying life right now, it will always be now. These are all of the supportive cliches I can come up with right now. Good Luck Lady, it will all work out!

    ReplyDelete