Wednesday, November 10, 2010

PBR Night

Well this last Friday, my boyfriend and I went to the Bull Riding at the Lacrosse Center. I hadn’t been to see bull riding for a long time. The last time I saw it was when I was in about 5th grade when I went to a rodeo in Colorado. So I was very excited. I had heard about it for weeks on the radio and thought that would be a really fun thing to go to.
Well sure enough, Friday came around, and it was time to go. We started the night at Hooters since it was so close. It turns out this was the place to be for people going to the bull riding. There were people everywhere in cowboy boots and hats. I had a wonderful meal of shrimp, one of my favorite foods.
After we finished eating we started walking over to the Lacrosse Center and got our tickets. We were in the first section, across from the gates. We had perfect view to see the bulls and riders. During the night we got to see bull riding, barrel racing, little kids riding sheep, a bunch of guys stand in a circle with a bull and see who lasted the longest, and 18 year old guy show us his tricks and moves with a rope.
Some of the highlights on the night were when a bull went after a rider, and ran over the top of him, the rider was fine, as the bull was going back to the gates though, we thought he was in, and then all of a sudden he runs back out and goes after all the people in the ring. After a bit the bull did return to the pen. The last rider to go for the night rode his bull and when the the guy fell off the bull ran around and went after the guy on the horse, the bull did not want to go to the pens, so the guy on the horse roped it and took off fast because he knew the bull wasn’t going to budge and was going to put up a fight.  Next thing I saw the bull was rolling on the ground. The bull was pulled so hard and so fast that it was taken off its feet. Once it got back up it was pissed. It took of chasing the guy on the horse. No one had the rope anymore because it came out of the man’s hands. So at this point people were running away and chasing after the rope so they could get the bull in the pen. After a bit of struggle sure enough they were able to get it penned.
The other ridiculous part to the night was when the little kids were riding sheep. The best one was when the little kids had the sheep fall over and roll over the kid, and the kid was still holding on. Then the sheep took off toward the rest of the sheep standing in a heard. The sheep ran into the wall with the kid still attached, and yet even after this the kid did not let go. A man had to come over and pull the kid off the sheep. This ended up being the kid that won the contest.  It was so funny to watch.
Over all, the night was a fun one that was filled with many laughs and much excitement.

2 comments:

  1. Well you had a eventful night, I got to ride a mechanical bull couple time and it was so much fun but I would love to go see something like this someday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have never been to an event like this, it sounds interesting. I think I would feel too bad for the animals. Poor bulls, I would be pissed too if somebody got on my back and expected a free ride! Lol! The kid on the sheep sounds like it was pretty funny...I love that the poor kid was getting battered and just kept hanging on. Future bull rider for sure!

    ReplyDelete